Date(s) - Tuesday, 17 August 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Becoming responsible for managing someone for the first time can be both exciting and daunting. Thoughtful, well prepared delegation is one of the most important skills to learn so that each member of your team feels empowered to work both well and willingly to aid their own progression and yours. This 90-minute training course is aimed at developing the range of delegation skills required by first time people managers in an agency environment
YOU WILL LEARN
- To increase confidence in knowing when and when not to delegate
- To enhance skills in getting the best results from delegated tasks
- To delegate so that individual team members can work both well and willingly
- Importance of good delegation and how it aids progression
- Making the decision to delegate – why we do and don’t always delegate
- Delegation Toolkit – Taking time to prepare and giving time to do: Clarifying task context; Highlighting task benefit: Providing appropriate motivation: Ensuring learning and development: Setting a challenge: Review process: Approach and attitude
Appropriate for junior/mid-level agency staff with people management responsibility
17th August 2021
10am to 11.30am
Fran Longford spent 15 years heading up Client business at various top agencies, leading teams on everything from alcohol and finance to grocery and telecoms. Fran then became joint MD of Triangle Communications, an independent integrated agency and was responsible for both existing and new Client retention and agency staff development. In 2000 she moved on to set up FL Training to pursue her passion for people development. She runs training programs and coaching for the marcoms industry to enable mangers and teams to perform at their best and to inspire them to motivate and empower their teams.
This event is fully booked.