Learn how to listen effectively in this interactive workshop – discover the power of active listening to develop better client understanding and more effective relationships generally. Understand and use the six active listening skills and learn to use the power of silence. This workshop will vastly improve your ability to deliver against expectations, negotiate effectively and build relationships.
- Life and Death
- What makes an elite listener
- Communicating without questions
- SMILES: The key to unlocking a person.
- Understanding and use of the six Active Listening Skills
- Level 2 communication Bringing you’re “A” Game
- Using Silence as a tool
What you will learn
- Understand the power of effective listening in relation to how it can be used in life and death scenarios and appreciate that the tools and techniques described are transferable
- Recognise that it is possible to listen to varying degrees and start to benefit from doing so
- Stop subconsciously diverting the narrative of a conversation according to own agenda and get better quality information from colleagues and customers as a result
- Critically appraise own listening habits and identify how to improve them: in particular identify own barriers to listening in a powerful way, and develop a strategy to reduce these
DELEGATE LEVEL: Account Managers and above. Anyone who is client facing and is faced with challenging conversations.
DATE: 23rd February 2021
TIME: 10am to 11.30am
Kevin Taylor has over 27 years of experience in the police, working his way through the ranks, from a uniformed officer to Chief Inspector on a large division of Greater Manchester. But it’s in hostage and negotiation situations, when really listening is a matter of life or death, where Kevin thrives.
Kevin now puts his 30 years of experience to the test, applying the lessons he learned as a police leader and the skills he honed as a hostage negotiator to leadership and client relationship training in corporate communities.
Date/TimeTuesday 23 February 2021 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This event is fully booked.