Having a good grasp on the core financial and commercial skills required to effectively run your client projects profitably is a key attribute of a good marketing executive. Commercial understanding at this level contributes to the overall success of the business, your own professional development and heath of the client/agency relationship.
This course aims to give you the background understanding of an agency’s financial model, the financial levels that you can help influence and knowledge of the key commercial elements in the client agency contract that you should be aware of.
- A 90-minute training course running 10am – 11.30pm
- Structured and interactive session
- Zoom and Power Point used as session facilitation equipment
- Preparation task set for the course in advance
- Slides detailing course content available after the course
- The agency financial model – core metrics
- The importance of time
- Client and supplier contracts – the key commercial clauses
- Overservicing and what to do about it
- The importance of cashflow and what you can do about it
- Appropriate for junior to mid-level agency staff
DATE : 18th October 2022
TIME : 10am to 11.30am
Greg Broadbent is a qualified chartered accountant who has held senior board level roles Finance Director in several marketing agencies. Most notably he was part of the MBO team at LexisPR before overseeing its sale to Next Fifteen Communication Group plc in 2008 and, later, was part of the leadership team at Pegasus PR as it sold to UDG Healthcare plc in 2019. For the past 3 years he has been a partner at VisionFR, a specialist recruitment consultancy placing finance talent in marketing and creative businesses.
Date/TimeTuesday 18 October 2022 10:00 am - 11:30 am