EXCELLENCE TRAINING : Excellence in Strategic Thinking – DELIVERED IN PERSON
Excellence in Strategic Thinking
Strategy and creativity are joined at the hip. Strategy is creatively fertile, great creative work achieves strategic objectives.
In this session we learn about inspirational strategy through award winning case histories
WE WILL COVER
- A framework for how agency strategists find insight and write briefs
- Their key insights and the creative work it inspired
- Creative thinking techniques and methods
- The session will be split 50/50 between case histories and breakouts to use methods
- The session will be packed with examples and will be highly interactive
Types of insight in communications and how strategists find insight
Finding insight in the product or brand
How difference can be found in product investigation and/or brand distinctiveness. Case histories, creative examples and method breakout
The Power of Context
How understanding the competitive and cultural context helps define the opportunity. Case histories, Creative example and method Breakout
How uncovering what really motivates the audience can be the key
Case histories, Creative example and method Breakout
Summary and methods for you to use
Discussion and further resources
Confidence: to take strategic leadership on accounts
Practical & Useful: frame work and workshop techniques to use with your team to get quickly from client brief to solutions
Inspiration: the latest and best case histories.
- The course is specifically designed for anyone who is looking to take more strategic leadership of their accounts. It recognises that account people are very busy and short of time and so need fast ways to get to the strategy and ways of having better and more strategic meetings with clients.
- Group size 8 delegates maximum
DATES AND TIMES
7th September – 9am to 5pm
Julian Saunders is a strategist, trainer and writer who has had three careers. In advertising, he was Planning Director at Ogilvy, Head of Strategy at McCann-Erickson and CEO of red cell advertising, a WPP agency dedicated to challenger thinking. He took a sabbatical in 2003/4 to edit a textbook for The Account Planning Group on the impact of digital technology. ( “The Communications Challenge” APG 2004). Then he focussed on design thinking and the application of Behavioural psychology to behaviour change. He was Non-executive Planning Director of Good Technology (gt), ran The Big Thinkers program for UK government (COI) and joined an Innovation team at Google (The Zoo).
Date/TimeWednesday 07 September 2022 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
12-16 Laystall Street
Bookings are closed for this event.