Modern client/agency partnerships now demand that agency specialists such as creative, design, and tech, take more of a prominent role in the day-to-day client process.
Clients want daily check-ins, they want to be involved in the creation of the work, and they want to speak directly to the specialists doing the work. As a consequence, agency specialists are increasingly finding themselves in client facing situations.
But we haven’t been trained for that! We hear them cry.
Fear not. Whilst marketing has changed, the basics of building relationships, understanding client needs, and delivering against those expectations have not.
This session is designed specifically for traditionally non-client facing disciplines, who have been thrust into the limelight and need help understanding and working with their clients.
We will cover
Through a blend of theory, practice and delegate participation, we will explore the world of marketing clients; who they are, their motivations, what they want from their agencies and why, in particular, they are now so keen to speak to the specialists.
We will demystify clients and expose their world to delegates to give them the necessary tools and understanding to engage all types of clients with confidence.
- Who are your clients and what do they want?
- The tenets of a strong client/agency partnership
- The key drivers that impact the client experience
- The client ecosystem and your role in delivering an exceptional client experience
- How to successfully structure and present your work to clients
- A framework to help with navigating the key client interaction points
- Your role in spotting and converting growth opportunities
- Increased understanding of marketing clients, their roles, their motivations, and what they are looking for from their agency relationships
- Proven methodologies to help delegates work with clients on a daily basis to deliver the promise of an exceptional client experience
- Improved confidence in navigating the key client interaction points including: client meetings, inter-agency meetings, presentations, calls, comms etc.
- Increased empathy in the client world and what it takes to deliver client/agency success
This course is designed for any agency specialist at any level in disciplines such as creative, design, planning, and tech, that is looking for increased confidence in working with and presenting to marketing clients.
29th September, 9am to 11am.
Keir Mather is an independent agency consultant and one of the most progressive thinkers on modern client/agency partnerships.
His expertise in client/agency relationships comes from 25 years working on both sides of the marketing fence; running agencies, managing flagship client relationships, and leading multi-disciplinary teams to every creative and marketing award there is.
Keir spent the majority of his career working at some of the world’s most respected agencies, including BBH (Publicis), Essence (WPP), and agency.com (Omnicom), leading global agency relationships with some of the world’s most sophisticated businesses, including Google, Unilever, British Airways, HP, Nokia, NBCUniversal and Universal Music.
Date/TimeThursday 29 September 2022 9:00 am - 11:00 am