Introduction to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Unconscious Bias : ‘Masterclass’ TRAINING
This session will kick off the attendees DEI learning journey. We’ll start by exploring the difference between ‘Diversity’, ‘Equity’ and ‘Inclusion’ and then dive into why these topics are important. We’ll consider the business case but also our own personal imperatives.
Next, we will look at how we might inadvertently be getting in the way of success- which is the conversation about Unconscious Bias. Put simply, we all have bias. It is a product of our upbringing and the culture around us now. We need to recognise those biases and put measures in place to mitigate for their impact.
We will conclude the session by moving from insight to action. All participants will leave with an accountability commitment of how they are going to create change. We can also point them in the direction of the DEI Essentials e-learning.
- A 2-hour training course
- Structured and interactive session with individual and small group exercises
- Zoom and Power Point used as session facilitation equipment
- Handout with content overview and additional resources available after the course
- Exploring the difference between Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Unpacking Unconscious Bias
- Tools to mitigate Unconscious Bias
- Techniques for moving from Insight to Action
Aimed at everyone at all levels
DATE AND TIME
15th March, 10am to 12pm
Adé Adéniji is a certified coach, group facilitator and accredited mediator. He is also a certified Daring Way™ and Dare to Lead™ facilitator. These combinations allow Adé to hold the space for difficult conversation and to walk with individuals, groups, teams and organisations, in shifting any limiting perceptions, discovering infinite possibilities and releasing their optimal potential.
Date/TimeWednesday 15 March 2023 10:00 am - 12:00 pm