Managing upwards is a skill that is core to your job if you want to progress. Whether you have a new boss or have been working for someone for a while, there are ways to improve your relationship which mean you produce better work, fast track your progression and are less micro-managed. This 90-minute training course aimed at developing the range of skills required to effectively manage upwards in an agency environment
YOU WILL LEARN
- To understand your line manager and their working style
- To proactively manage upwards
- To adapt your own approach and style to aid your own progression
- Importance of good upwards management and its influence your progression
- Know your manager – Personality type: Career goals and motivation: Management and working style: Communication preferences: Availability
- Get the support you need- How they can get the best out of you: Agree your career goals and objectives: Obtain frequent feedback: Learn from them
- Be easy to manage – Proactively communicate: Clarify expectations: Question when unsure: Be assertive when needed: Flag issues early
- Profile yourself – Demonstrate your ability: Display qualities that matter: Make a connection with them
- Appropriate for junior and mid-level agency staff
26th April 2022
10am to 11.30am
Fran Longford spent 15 years heading up Client business at various top agencies, leading teams on everything from alcohol and finance to grocery and telecoms. Fran then became joint MD of Triangle Communications, an independent integrated agency and was responsible for both existing and new Client retention and agency staff development. In 2000 she moved on to set up FL Training to pursue her passion for people development. She runs training programs and coaching for the marcoms industry to enable mangers and teams to perform at their best and to inspire them to motivate and empower their teams.
Date/TimeTuesday 26 April 2022 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Bookings are closed for this event.