MHFA ENGLAND CERTIFIED: MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AIDER
(4 ONLINE SESSIONS OVER 2 WEEKS PLUS SOME OPEN LEARNING)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help offered to a person developing a mental health issue, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health issue or a person in a mental health crisis. MHFA is given until appropriate professional help is received or until the crisis appears to have passed.
The aims of physical first aid are to preserve life, prevent further harm, promote recovery and bring comfort to the injured person. MHFA shares these aims to:
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Provide help to prevent the mental health issue from becoming more serious
- Promote recovery of good mental health
- provide comfort to a person with a mental health issue
MHFA courses in conjunction with EventWell teach people how to spot the early signs of a mental health issue, including warning signs of common mental health crises, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person towards appropriate treatment and other sources of supportive help.
Through a blend of instructor-led live sessions and self-learning activities, you will:
- Develop practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Gain confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- Learn how to guide them to further support for recover
You will be sent a link for open learning modules that need to be completed in advance of the four sessions
YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND ALL FOUR OF THE DATES SHOWN
Dates & Times – Mental Health First Aider
- Tuesday 2nd March 2021 09:15 – 12:00
- Thursday 4th March 2021 09:30 – 12:30
- Tuesday 9th March 2021 09:30 – 12:00
- Thursday 11th March 2021 09:30 – 12:00
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. THE NEXT COURSE WILL TAKE PLACE IN APRIL.
Date/TimeTuesday 02 March 2021 - Thursday 11 March 2021 9:15 am - 12:30 pm
This event is fully booked.