- Understanding the client business and the brief.
- What do clients really want and is it clear from the brief?
- How to interrogate a client brief: preparation and research.
- The key elements of the agency brief- problem definition/audiences/propositions.
- Examples of agency briefs.
- How the key elements of the brief fit together.
Julian Saunders Bio
Julian Saunders is a strategist, trainer and writer who has had three careers.
In advertising, he was Planning Director at Ogilvy, Head of Strategy at McCann-Erickson and CEO of red cell advertising, a WPP agency dedicated to challenger thinking.
He took a sabbatical in 2003/4 to edit a textbook for The Account Planning Group on the impact of digital technology. ( “The Communications Challenge” APG 2004).
Then he focussed on design thinking and the application of Behavioural psychology to behaviour change. He was Non-executive Planning Director of Good Technology (gt), ran The Big Thinkers program for UK government (COI) and joined an Innovation team at Google (The Zoo).
He teaches courses for strategists and brand owners in the UK and internationally. He publishes regularly and blogs at www.joinedupthink.com.