MHFA ENGLAND CERTIFIED TRAINING : Mental Health First Aid Champion (Full Day Course)
MHFA ENGLAND CERTIFIED: MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID CHAMPION
(FULL DAY COURSE)
Mental Health First Aid Champions play a key role in overcoming the stigma around mental health and creating a positive and open working culture, where it’s okay to not be okay and talking is encouraged.
On this course delegates will learn about the most common mental health problems including how to identify when someone is experiencing mental distress.
Delegates will feel more confident supporting others, particularly in the workplace, and you will know how to signpost appropriately. Covers the MHFA AGLEE action plan, and how to use it.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About Mental Health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other Mental Health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the mental health action plan
- Action 1 – Approach, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2 – Listen & communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3 – Give support & information
- Action 4 – Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5 – Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Dates & Times
- 9th November – 09:00 – 17:00
Date/TimeThursday 09 November 2023 9:00 am - 5:00 pm