TRAINING : How to Have Difficult Conversations
Conflict is part of all our lives both personally and professionally and workplace conflict is a normal part of working with and for people. Most of us avoid difficult conversations because they make us feel uncomfortable but this only prolongs the status quo and the resultant stress and resentment. The only way to handle workplace conflict is to deal with it. Having the confidence to have difficult conversations comes from understanding how to approach them and knowing the techniques to use to produce a successful outcome for both parties.
- A 90-minute training course running 10am – 11.30am
- Structured and interactive session with individual and small group exercises
- Zoom and Power Point used as session facilitation equipment
- Preparation task set for the course in advance
- Slides detailing course content available after the course
- Importance of tackling difficult conversations
- Determining the purpose of challenging conversations
- Recognising and managing your emotional state
- Planning and preparing – adopting the correct conflict resolution style/approach
- Opening the conversation
- Handling the process – your side, their side, handling reactions, compromise, agreement
Appropriate for junior/mid-level agency staff with people management responsibility
DATE: 14th November 2023
TIME: 10am to 11.30am
Fran Longford spent 15 years heading up Client business at various top agencies, leading teams on everything from alcohol and finance to grocery and telecoms. Fran then became joint MD of Triangle Communications, an independent integrated agency and was responsible for both existing and new Client retention and agency staff development. In 2000 she moved on to set up FL Training to pursue her passion for people development. She runs training programs and coaching for the marcoms industry to enable mangers and teams to perform at their best and to inspire them to motivate and empower their teams.
Date/TimeTuesday 14 November 2023 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Less than 2 hrs
Bookings are closed for this event.